DSX Integration is supported in UnityIS version 10.6.19 and later. The integration utilizes the DSX SDK and communicates to the DSX Comm Server by placing DML files into the Comm Server's shared folder.
Adding DSX Driver
- Launch UnityIS and navigate to the Hardware Manager module. Unlock the module by clicking the lock in the command toolbar. Right click in the hardware tree and select â€œEditâ€ to display the â€œAdd Driverâ€ command from the popup menu. Click on â€œAdd Driverâ€ to view the â€œAdd a New Driverâ€ popup menu. Under the â€œAccess Control Driversâ€ category, click on â€œDSX Access Controlâ€ and click â€œOKâ€ to add a DSX driver.
- Set the â€˜Comm Server Pathâ€™ of the newly created DSX driver to the same location as the DSX shared comm server folder.
- Set the Location property and the UDF Number that will be used to link the UnityIS Personnel records with the DSX person records.
- Import Personnel records (including codes) from DSX to UnityIS. Write the UnityIS Personnel ID unique identifier to the DSX UDF Number field (this should occur on import and is used to link the 2 tables).
- Import the Access Level descriptions from DSX to UnityIS (or enter manually).
Note: UnityIS Access Levels MUST use the exact same DSX Access Level descriptions to stay synchronized.
- First Name
- Last Name
- Start/Stop Date
- Access Levels
- Temporary Access Levels
Deleting a Personnel record in UnityIS will delete the person completely from the DSX software, including deleting all credentials associated to that record. Removing individual credentials from a personnel record will removed those specific credentials from the person record in DSX.
In future builds, the DSX driver will read the Events and Alarms table from the DSX SQL database and auto import those records into UnityIS to display real-time events and alarms.