Below are instructions on how to connect the UnityIS client to the SQL Server.
- UnityIS: v10.8.0 or higher
- Operating System: Windows 7 or higher
- At least one Valid UnityIS Client License on the UnityIS Server
- Network connectivity to the UnityIS Server and SQL Server
- Read and write permissions to access the shared 'Data' folder on the UnityIS Server
- Download the software from the following link:
- Run the "exe" file to begin the installation process.
- On the Security Warning Window, click "Run". (See Figure 1)
- In the Welcome to the UnityIS Setup Wizard window, click "Next". (See Figure 2)
- In the Site Description window, enter a Site Description (for example: Site Name) and click "Next". (See Figure 3)
Note: The Site Description can be changed after installation.
- In the License Type window, select "Client" and click "Next". (See Figure 4)
- In the License Agreement window, select "I accept the agreement" after reading the license agreement and then click "Next". (See Figure 5)
- In the Select Destination Location window, specify an installation path and click "Next". (See Figure 6)
- In the Select the Data folder window, enter the UNC path to the shared Data folder of the UnityIS Server. (See Figure 7)
An example would be: \\UnityISServer\Data
- In the Ready to Install window, verify that the site description, license type, and destination are correct. Click "Install". (See Figure 8)
- Once the installation is complete, the UnityIS Configuration Options window will open. (See Figure 9) In the "Path and Database" option, change database to "1- SQL Server". In the "SQL Database Connection" option, click in the "Click Here" box.
- In the Database Configuration window, complete the following:
SQL Computer Name: Enter the computer where the SQL database is located SQL Database Name: Enter the SQL Database name. Authentication: Select either "SQL Server" or "Windows"
If Using the SQL Server
Click the "SQL User" Tab
Enter the SQL User Name and Password
Click the "Connection" Tab
Use SQL Application Role: Check this box if using Application Role Click the "Save Connection "button to close the window. (See Figure 10)
- Under the "Running as a Service" options, uncheck the AutoLogon box so it reads "False". Click the "Save Changes" (See Figure 11)
- In the Completing the UnityIS Setup Wizard window, click the "Finish" (See Figure 12)