UnityIS Software Upgrades
Whether you are upgrading the UnityIS Server or an UnityIS Client, the process is completely identical. You MUST, however, upgrade the UnityIS Server FIRST, then the UnityIS Clients.
- MUST have an active Maintenance agreement with IMRON. If you are unsure if your UnityIS system is on active maintenance, check in the UnityIS software Help>About>License Information tab
- If the UnityIS Server does not have internet connection, please request the "Maintenance.SID" file from IMRON by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Include your UnityIS Serial Number in your request.
- Access to UnityIS Server computer
- Windows User account used to start UnityIS Drivers/Services MUST have log on rights to the UnityIS Server
- Access to SQL Database (If applicable)
- Access to ALL UnityIS Clients (If applicable)
- UnityIS Upgrade software (Either the CD or "UnityIS_Upgrade.exe" file)
- Current version of UnityIS must be 10.3.X or newer. If using 10.2.x or below, please contact email@example.com.
- Temporary disable/turn off any Anti-Virus software
- Perform a manual backup from the Backups and Archives Utility in UnityIS
- The latest version of UnityIS supporting Bosch Panels running Mode 0 or 1 and using access control is UnityIS version 10.2.48. Do NOT upgrade to any later version, as it will not work.
Upgrading UnityIS Server/Clients
- Log in to the UnityIS Server with the Windows User account used to start the UnityIS Service and/or Drivers. If using "Local System Account", make sure the logon user is a local administrator.
- Close all UnityIS applications/services. (Verify the application and all UnityIS Drivers are stopped in Windows Services and Task Manager)
- Close ALL UnityIS Client connections.
- From the UnityIS Server, backup UnityIS by doing the following:
- If using MS Database perform steps a-c and then skip to #5.
a. Open the UnityIS installation folder (Typically: "C:\Program Files (x86)\UnityIS").
b. Inside the UnityIS folder, copy the "Data" folder and paste on another location of your computer such as "Desktop" or "My Documents".
c. Rename the folder to something that includes the date and current UnityIS version such as "Data_07012017_10365".
- If using MS SQL Database also perform the following steps:
d. Open SQL Server Management Studio.
e. Expand the "Databases" tree and select the UnityIS Database.
f. Right-click and select "Task" then "Back-up".
g. Review the backup settings and click "OK" when ready.
5. Run the UnityIS Upgrade file on the Server.
6. Once the window opens displaying the following message "Setup has finished installing UnityIS Upgrade on your computer", copy the "Maintenance.SID" file into the "Data" folder located inside the UnityIS installation folder (Typically: "C:\Program Files (x86)\UnityIS").
7. Click on the "Finish" button to complete the upgrade and start UnityIS. If you are running UnityIS as a Windows Service, you MUST uncheck the box that reads "Launch UnityIS" and start UnityIS from Windows Services.
8. Once UnityIS starts, verify data and functionality (Personnel Records, Access Events, Door Commands, etc.).
9. Once you have verified that the system is running normally from the UnityIS Server, you can proceed to run the UnityIS Upgrade on ALL UnityIS Clients
10. Upgrade has been completed.